Had surgery Nov.24th/in PAIN-32wks pregnant HELP

I had laproscopic gall bladder surgery on Nov.24th. The last two days (Thur and Fri) I have felt almost 100% better, except for right above my belly button, which hurts if I stand up and walk for more than 3-5 min. Last night I started having terrible sharp shooting pains under my breasts (where my gall bladder use to hurt) and up my left side of my chest to my left shoulder. I took tylenol 3 but it didn't help it just got worse, the pain started shooting down my side and stomach. I went to bed to sleep it off but it hurt through the night and now I have a constant pain in my right side. It feels like someone stabbed me and if I breathe of move the pain increases. Under my breasts hurts but is nothing compared to last night. I called surgeon he said prob fine; waiting on ob to call back. What do you think it is? What could help? Any advice would be helpful. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• could b complication from surgery. call dr & DEMAND appt
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• go to the ER or like Nyx7 said call your doc and demand an apt. You would most likey want to call your Surgeon though.
    Did they take it out, or just take the stones out?
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• forgot to mention, that just because you've had the surgery, doesn't mean you can eat anything you want to. your body has to get used to fats again, and it can take up to a YEAR for your body to be able to handle things like that again. You may still feel like your having attacks if you eat too fatty of foods!
    Make sure your not overdoing though...even though it was an in and out kinda thing...doesn't mean you don't need to take it easy, even after soreness goes away...
    hope this helps!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• The took the gall bladder out. Thanks for the answers-I have ate things I couldn't eat before, but I don't think I've overdone it...but maybe I have..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• OP^^
    Anonymous

• OB called and told me to just watch it and take extra strength tylenol. It hurts soo bad!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I'd go to the ER. There is no reason to sit there in pain while these doctors are out playing golf. THEY are not the ones in pain.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Eat fruits and veg's, water. Spicy foods, fatty foods, may be not good. Google Gall Bladder surgery or Gall Bladder and I'm sure something will come up.
    Anonymous