How much did your child weigh at the 15 month appointment? And how many pounds did they gain from 9 months to 15 months??

My son is 20.3 And weighed 7.8 at birth. He's only gained 2 lbs since 9 months. Doctor seems a little worried. I think he looks very healthy! He's a very, very active little boy! He's just now starting to drink more milk -- he was only drinking 10-15 oz a day, now it's more like 25-30oz so hopefully that'll get his weight up a little!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you or his father thin? I know someone who went through this. The baby was small and thin. But so were the parents! For me I'm 5'8 and hubby is 6 feet. Our daughter was born 8lbs 8 oz she is now 28 lbs. She is 19 months.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• How does your child "rank" on growth charts? (Scroll down and click on the baby image links)

Most pediatricians want to see children as close to average (50th percentile) as possible--there are exceptions to every rule--like my almost 6 year old son, who has been in the 95th to 100th percentile since birth in both height and weight--he's already 52 inches tall and weighs 62 pounds. Based on his growth history, he is expected to reach a height of 6 feet 10 inches!!! Whereas my almost 8 year old son is only 47 inches tall and 46 pounds and expected to eke out at 5 feet 10 to 6 feet tall!!! Certainly not the average, but both are perfectly healthy nonetheless!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:03 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 1.....27lbs 10oz, gain of 5lbs 10oz
    2...27lbs 10oz, gain of 3lbs 13oz (funny both of them weighed the same)
    3...27lbs even, gain of 2lbs 11oz
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• im going thur that @ the moment with my daughter, shes 22months but she only weights 21.14. whenever i take her to her doctor this is the main conversation that we have. shes is extremely active, a picky eater and i cook her everything to give her plenty of choices. her doctor recomm that i give her pedisure 2-3x's a day to supplement her. But they also take into consideration that her parents are thin... im 4"11 & 110 lbs, her father 5"8 & 145lbs so were not big people, petite @ best... all you can do is continue to give him a variety of foods, fruits and veggies and give him whatever he wants when he wants it(BUT NO JUNK) he will have good days and bad days.im just grateful for the days she does eat and i let her eat to her heart content because 2morrow she may not really want anything, or just pick over it.
    chanel0709

Answer by chanel0709 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Deja at 15mos was 20.1 pounds and oh 9mos I am not sure she was and this is a guess but about17pounds. She hasn't gained much weight at all since like 7-8mos. My doctor says because she gains its ok but they just watch her. My other two kids were huge so for me this is so different. They were her size before 1 yr!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009