Sinus infection- OB or general practitioner?

I've always gotten chronic sinus infections for some reason, but now I am 9 months pregnant (and miserable). Which doctor do I go to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OB if your preggo. There are some things you can't take when your preg and your reg doc might not know for sure which is which....
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i believe BOTH docs can perscribe an antibiotic...if your unsure give them a call and ask....they can tell you if they can do that and set up an appt for you....sinus infections can be so painful...i get them alot too!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• OB because it seems like every time i try to deal with some one else they send me back to OB -I'm pregnant and it's like everyone is afraid to touch me. Save yourself the time and call OB first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Call the OB and ask. If they can't get you in, a regular doctor can help you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I have chronic sinus infections as well. I was sick towards my 9 month and I went to my reg doctor and then they sent me to the ob. Your primary physician should know which antibiotics to prescribe for pregnant women. They are doctors and have more knowledge then your OB regarding sinus infections.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• If it were me I would call my OB, I always called mine if I got sick and had no problems getting the proper medication.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I agree. I'd call the OB and ask which dr you should see

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2009