upset stomach

my son just turned a year, and for the past few days has had bad diarrhea. he threw up a lot on wednesday, but no more since then, just the diarrhea. no fever, and is kinda hesitant about eating anything. my husband just lost his job, so we have no insurance. what can i do to help him out?

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 10:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let him eat bananas and small amounts of cheese if he'll take it. Don't overdo the cheese though, cause it is fatty/oily. Up the fluids such as water and pedialite, because if he's hesitant to eat then he might be missing out on electrolytes.
    Cut out apples and most fruits because they losen things up! lol
    I hope he feels better soon..it's no fun!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• yogurt too-danimals are good (yogurt drink) If he doesn't want to eat I wouldn't push it because the most important things is liquids. Push the liquids. If he wanted food I would give him bland easy on the stomach foods. 7up could help too, maybe dilute it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Liquids and the BRAT diet.

Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast

He really does not need to be seen unless he starts to get dehydrated. If he is not drinking a lot then you could make ice pops out of juice maybe too.
    Anonymous