What should I say to her?

My sister is a horrible mom. Never let's him just be a kid or get dirty. Spanks him over tiny things, calls him names. She got pregnant and for like 8 months let him think he was going to be a big brother then gave the baby up when she knew what she was going to do the whole time. Anyways now he is in the psych hospital bc at school he got mad and starting throwing chairs and hitting teachers which he has done before. And she wants sympathy!!!and I just want to tell her you fucked him up! This is your fault! But I can't say that...so what do I say???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• for the most part, kids are a product of thier environment.
    don't lie to her. tell her exactly what you said.
    if she doesn't like it, then she shouldn't have fished for sympathy...because like you said, you have none for her.
    That doesn't mean you shouldn't support your nephew's rehabilitation through all of this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Tell her exactly what you are thinking. It sounds like you might have to report her to CPS, too. Mental abuse is also a form of child abuse. Don't procrastinate.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• OP- I will definitely support my nephew.I wish I could fight her for custody but I am just not in a position to take him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• OP- the problem with CPS is it is so hard to prove. Bc he won't say anything bad about his mom. I'm hoping the hospital can do something about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• awwwwwwh. I feel bad for the child!
    I would call child protective services and tell them that she is mentally abusing her child. I don't think you can say that she never lets him get dirty, because that is not abuse. but spanking is. so is calling a child names. \

Women who have children and don't love and cherish them make me sick.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Tell her exactly that! IT'S YOUR FAULT.

Sometimes people need to hear that. Children are products of their environment, but mostly, THEIR PARENTS.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Tell her that it IS HER FAULT and the only person who deserves sympathy his her child. Clue the staff in on what she does at home and have them order counseling and parenting classes for her. She needs major help BEFORE she losses her child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i agree with the first anon answer
    Anonymous

• I agree with all responses except for one thing. Maybe she doesn't know how to be a mother so she might need help learning how to be. I do feel like you should say something to her but not attack her. Most people don't listen to that so its probably best if you try to talk to her with more concern.good luck, hope your nephew is ok!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• TELL HER THAT ---SHE fucked him up! This is HER fault! AND TELL HER THE DIFFERENCE MAYBE SHE IS SO DENSE AND IF SOMEONE STOOD UP TO HER AND TOLD HER OFF SHE WOULD THINK ABOUT IT!!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2009