Friends, so I agree and he seems kinda offensive?

This guy I met a couple of weeks ago tells me that we could be friends, so I tell him that friends is all that I was thinking of anyways and tells replies with "dagger... haha". If I "stabbed" his hopes, why would he suggest friends to begin with, I was just agreeing and letting him know that we could be nothing more than friends. Does not make sense to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Guys usually always think they can get it to be more. You just winged his ego. He will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• friends to get to know you....
    but if you don't want to...it probably was a strike out for him...
    Oh well lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• yes, guys like to have their cake and eat it too. I had a "friend" that would constantly remind me that he was waiting to meet his dream girl/model who he would marry and start a family. He was so full of shit. the day that i opted to see other people, he became jelous and controlling.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Wow, sounds like my buddy Josh. Poor guy, he's always telling me about the newest girl he's just met, about the "hot date" he has to a movie, etc. He always ends up being "just a friend." because he can't come out and express his feelings, so he jokes about them.

Give it a shot, for your "Josh" 's sake. You may end up really digging this guy! And if it's nothing more than friends, it will come to be, and he'll be able to laugh it off from your expression in the beginning. GL!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2009