Do you ask your hubby what he's getting you?

Lol I feel so dumb for asking him but hey it's december 5th and he hasn't asked what I want or bought anything (the advantages of having a joint account!) so I was curious. I'm getting him a Wii with 2 games but haven't bought it yet, waiting til next pay period, and he knows that I plan to buy something really expensive for him. I know some couples go and pick our their gifts together so they already know what they're getting from eachother. He said he wasn't sure yet but he was looking thru the JcPenny catalog and saw some nice jewelry. I just feel like an ass now for asking!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Holidays

• nope. I go & get all of my own. He hates to shop & says I know exactly what I want.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• nah, I ask my hubby...he usually doesn't tell me though! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• No, I don't ask. We usually agree on a dollar amount we'll spend on each other and then grab cash so we can't see in our account "oh, he went to this store and spent this much".
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• We're horrible about that! For starters, my husband already bought me a new laptop...and gave it to me a month early because he couldn't wait, lol. I keep telling him not to get me anything else, but now he feels like he has to bc he already gave me the laptop. I don't ask him what...but I always usually know anyways. :) I hide all of his presents at my parents' house so that I don't give them to him early.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• No I gave that up along time ago. I have the greatest husband in the world until it comes to gift giving. He tries so hard but fails miserably. It has become a joke in the family. Luckily our kids are 17 and 13 now and they know exactly what I need. I will just give them a bit of money for both our gifts. I use to think that his lack of gift giving skills were a reflection on how he cared about me. Now that I am older I realize that is so not true. He just puts way too much pressure on himself. I already bought a new bookcase, the entire first editions of Harry Potter hardcover and bookends. I am good. However he asked me again what I wanted so I gave him a short list of things. My kids will help him decide much easier this way. I should mention that our anniversary is next week and we also celebrate Yule. Yet he and I do not exchange gifts on those days. He couldn't take the pressure of 3 gift giving days. LOL!
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 2:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• No I never ask him because he gets me the same thing every year, Nothing. I have just learned that this is the way it is and I know never to expect anything from him for Christmas, Birthday or Anniversary.
    Anonymous

• We don't expect gifts. We save for our retirement and our daughter's college.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I either buy it wrap it and put it under the tree myself...OR I give him a list of stuff I want on ebay (he hates going to a store to shop-but is fine with doing it online)

this year though it won't be much of a list ...maybe a cd
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2009