christmas shopping frustrations! OMG

It seems many things I want to get are out of stock! I am almost done but goodness I am frustrated....Toysrus seems to be out of almost all Barbie online and they had this exclusive Barbie with clothes and it out at stores as well....grrrrr I just never had this issue before with so many things out of stock!

So how is your shopping going? LOL

hill2

Asked by hill2 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Holidays

• that would be frustrating! different gift maybe?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I am almost done. I have to buy a few picture frames and a game and a book for my son and then I am done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I just started! I am usually finished by now. I am so behind this year!
    josefeene18

Answer by josefeene18 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I am almost done just a few things left that I know the stores will not run out of ( art kits, CDs, clothes etc. ) . I prioritize my holiday list. Toys on Santa's list first, then electronics, then movies, then clothes and when I have run out of time gift cards or money. I did most of my shopping online. Specifically Amazon.com. Love them! For more personal gifts I go to small businesses in town.
    Many stores chosen to have less inventory this year. Last year they lost money with items sitting on their shelves in this bad economy. My kids are older so not much was on their wish list., I have it easy. I do remember trying to find that one special gift when they were little however. If I were you I would look online it is better than driving all over town.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 2:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• it is frustrating especially since many stores don't restock until jan1st..Do what I did one year the year tickle me elmo came out and my daughter wanted it so bad and it was impossible to find I just bought something else and explained to her Santa couldn't bring it this year because he couldn't find one and she was happy with what she got and didn't really care about what she wanted barbie has so much cool stuff...they do have a bratz online doll and those new moxy dolls may have one as well
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• They said that once retailers were sold out of things they would not restock. They warned people not to wait until after THanksgiving to shop that if you saw something you wanted to buy it then, because your chances of getting it were slim. Retailers learned from last year when they had to do drastic markdowns because of excess. I heard they were supposed to be getting spring stuff in right after Christmas to get more people to use their gift cards. :(

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• They're doing major sales this year to try and boost their anual income, but they seem to have been less prepared this year. They usually aren't soo out of stock this close to christmas, it's crazy. I never heard them say what "IbelongtoJesus" is claiming. That could be just in her area though. Either way .. I went shopping for an A three year old Angel Tree girl online and all the stores had such cute items .. out of stock. Or when I finally found something instock they didn't have it in her size. Soo finally I went into the store. Didn't get anything nearly as cute as I had found online, but I got a lot more due to not having to pay shipping. Aside from that my shopping is going well. Our problem every year is getting friends/family to tell us what they want. Everyone says "I don't know". DH's mom said "Don't buy anything for us, just save your money to come visit" .. She lives 20 minutes away I think we can manage both.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2009