My best friend is being very unfair...

My best friend and I are roommates. So, she went shopping today, she went to buy things we both needed. I was at home waiting for our handy man. When he arrived I had to take him downstairs to the basement. I left my cell phone up stairs. My best friend kept calling me to ask me about sth I needed her to buy and for 5 whole minutes I wouldn't answer my phone because I was downstairs. So, she sent me an sms reading "Where the fuck are you?"

When I called her she was really mad because she couldn't reach me on the phone for 5 mins.

She does that a lot. She always gets mad about silly things like that.

What should I do? I'm so upset!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• My DS is so helpful. He just erased my whole message with the esc key. I'll try again...

You have every right to feel upset with your friend. You were, however, at the house, helping out to her benefit too. But you've already acknowledged the fact that this happens frequently. As the best friend, you're capable of forgiving her and accepting her for who she is and what she does, good and bad.

Even though you may not appreciate the way you were treated, your feelings ARE valid, and you should address this with your friend. But, when you do talk to her about it, you MUST do it in a way to where she does not feel threatened or cornered. You might offer something up like, "Hey, I know that we both got upset earlier, but I want us to work on the way we handled ourselves. Can we try that?"

GL!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• it's frustrating for both, but jeeze, you kind of were in the middle of something!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• tell her you were in the bathroom!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Tell her to be glad she didn't live in the days before phones. I would just ignore her or just tell her she's being silly and get on with my day. Ignore bad behavior.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I agree with matobe.... When she started getting upset, I would have probably said "Hey, look, I know you were trying to reach me, but I was downstairs with the maintenance guy... dont worry, if you call me and I miss your call, I'll call you back as soon as I can... but dont have a cow if I'm not able to answer right away. "
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2009