So, I am newly single, looking for a great little town next to a big city to raise my children. Any ideas? I will be a Registered Nurse in May, if that helps with ideas and would like to live in NJ or a surrounding state.

Help with relocating!

jsymomof4

Asked by jsymomof4 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have no clue, but I just want to say congrats on getting your RN in may! that's awesome!
    may I ask how you did it being single? or even with kids? I'm thinking about going down the same path, and I know how hard it is!!!! Lemme know some of your thoughts please and if you have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I live in upstate NY (about 4 hours from Jersey). I live right in between 3 major hospitals. They're ALWAYS hiring and the school districts and small towns are really nice. I live 10 mins away from Owego (which was voted the Coolest Small Town in America!!)
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Come to Maryland we need nurses. One of the Money Mag. best places to live is my home town of Mount Airy Maryland. #53

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2009/snapshots/PL0846355.html
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Thanks, I will look into that, I have 6 months to decide and that is not a lot of time. Sandypops, I already sent you a message, but if I can help you further, let me know!
    jsymomof4

Answer by jsymomof4 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I LOVED living in Plainsboro, NJ--borders Princeton! You should look into it! It became quite upscale during the housing boom in the late 90's, and there are TONS of townhouses and condominiums as well as single homes. It's a "sleepy, yuppie, residential community", with large businesses, hospitals, and access to the conveniences of city life nearby!

Here's their website!
    http://www.plainsboronj.com/welcome.html
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• If you want to be in or around NJ, there's always the outskirts of Philly. There are some really cute towns an hour or so from the city.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2009