Has anyone experience thier placenta tearing off the uteran wall and had there child survive?

I found blood in my panties yesterday called my doc went in for a ultrasound and was told my placenta is tearing off the wall in a small section. I was in shock and didnt ask questions i was trying not to cry and listen to him. He told me that I could be just fine usually they do a csection to save the baby and woman at my gestation 15 weeks and 6 days that he hasnt had any woman loose there baby but I have been put on complete bedrest and he said the next 48 hours are the most important. Has anyone been thru this and if so has anyone had their placenta reheal and have a healthy baby? Im scared and confused and dont understand what I could have done to prevent this or if its my fault...

anjalee033

Asked by anjalee033 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You did nothing to cause this!

Be true to the bedrest. It's boring and it sucks, but stay down. The placenta can reheal itself, what happens is that as baby grows, so does the uterus. Where the placenta sits moves with the uterus into better positioning. You should be able to find good information about it on the internet, but don't look at the horror stories.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 12:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• yes. i had placenta previa with my 6 month old and it was terrifying! its all about the placement of the placenta. mine was tearing little bits at a time and i blead for 4 months. they had me come in every other week for ultrasounds untill it appeared to be normal one day. i thought it was wierd but everything was fine and i had the natural birth that i wanted.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My dd did with her last child. He's three now and healthy.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• my mom had it with me it was so bad they told her i was going to make it and im 24 now good luck also i was early i was 2 months early and weighed 4lbs 12 oz but other then a low birth rate i was fine i didnt even have to stay in the hospital i was released when full term babys are released good luck
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• its so scary. I'm staying with the bedrest my mom has come to help me with my other children ones in school and has to be dropped off and picked up omg and my other is 15 months. I just dont wanna loose the baby. I have been all oh i hope its a boy happy lalala and now i just hope is survives and is a healthy baby I dont care what it is anymore as long as it survives!
    anjalee033

Answer by anjalee033 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I had a hemmorhage from 9-18 weeks and it lasted that long because my placenta was in the way and was low. They thought it would try to detatch but it didnt. I probably got the hemmorhage they said from lifting my daughter sometimes but not always and doing stuff all day. I rested alot when finding out about the hemmorhage and most of the time the hemmorage made me bleed ALOT. I went to the hospital and went through 2-3 pads in under 1hr. They said it was a threatened miscarrage but my cervix was closed. He came at 38 1/2 weeks and was 8lbs 12oz. Hes 5mths now. I also had some spotting at 30 weeks and 32 1/2 weeks like that only lasted 1 day each with both times the second time I went in the hospital for 2 days and was givin steriod shots incase he came early. I was scared the whole pregnacy, all my kids were over 8lbs. Nothing ever happened with the other pregnancies. I was careful and rested with al my pregnancies.
    Anonymous