Obama is a "Socialist" right?

Yet it was Bush who was quoting Hitler -- now what do you think?

"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." GWB / Adolf Hitler

It is actually a quote of Adolf Hitler. Adolf Hitler staged an attack as well and blamed it on communist terrorists. Shortly after, he passed the Enabling Act, which completely eradicated the the German constitution, destroying people's liberties. He then led a series of preemptive wars that were justified to the German people as necessary to maintaining HOMELAND SECURITY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow that's absolutely fascinating, although I think you're giving Bush more credit than he's capable of.
    Anonymous

• I don't see a link for either speech.

If the quote is accurate it still doesn't mean anything to me. Obama's actions, the things he has done and the direction he is taking the country speak louder than Bush's words in a speech that a speechwriter wrote.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• OP here: I just read this a few days ago and was dumbfounded! How could the Pres of the US be quoting Hitler?!!?? And no one made a big deal about it? And now the current admin is being compared to him???

Look, I certianly don't agree with everything the current admin is doing; but these wild name calling accusations are simply absurd and I hope this helps to show people that.
    Anonymous

• If the quote is accurate it still doesn't mean anything to me. Obama's actions, the things he has done and the direction he is taking the country speak louder than Bush's words in a speech that a speechwriter wrote.

What of Bush's actions, invasions, unfunded social programs ($800 billion prescript plan)?
    Anonymous

• Link?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• What I want to know is why are we focusing on someone who is no longer the president? Obama is and he had kept the patriot act ...that alot griped about..

I mean what good does it do to keep foucsing backwards? Should we just ignore all Obama does and call it all fine and good?

I dont understand ...and that is what gets people wound up all the pointing back and ignoring the here and now
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Anonymous

• http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/special/iraq/ http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/special/iraq/ http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/51/217.html

These are just some entertaining links I found over the years and although transcripts are written those with an agenda, I think they have some credence on the former administration's policies.
    Anonymous

• OP here: 

tnmomof5 -- not focusing on Bush...simply pointing out the absurdity of comparing Obama to Hitler by the right; when Bush was actually quoting the man!

I state again; I do NOT agree with everything this current admin is doing or has done so far. IMO he's "Bush Lite" -- I see no change; just more of the same corporate funded greed and abuse against the American people. However I don't feel anyone to date except perhaps Saddam Hussein has come close to the insanity, meglomainia; and pure evil that was Hitler.

Anonymous

• Well anon I dont have much 'hope' that Obama isnt trying to shove through every ultra liberal bill he can before the time is up.that is exactly what he and this admin are attempting to do..event the aussies are wisening up and have rejected their cap and trade type bill recently..

I find the healthcare reform bill up for vote before the senate to be unconstitutional...there is so much going on right now I just choose to focus on the here and now..

and regardless of anything the policies of this current admin are rather socialist
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2009