I posted a question and about my boob leaking a few weeks ago and here is the results!!!

I posted a question and about my boob leaking brownish fluid a few weeks ago and here is the results!!!

The doctor just called----yes on a Saturday, and said------it is a staph infection, isn't that great----no cancer!!!! I asked him how one boob got it and not the other didn't-- they go everywhere together ya know and he said it just is what it is!!! I am so relieved!!!
Background info---no I am not breatfeeding, or preggers, found the problem at the end of a self breast exam when you squeeze your nipples.

REMEMBER DO YOUR SELF BREAST EXAMS LADIES!!!! EVERY MONTH, IT FAST AND EASY AND SAVES LIVES!!!!

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 12:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Health

• word of warning... my sister had a staph infection 8 years ago that mutated. because of that, she died 3 times, and had to be brought back. antibiotics were only partially effective, and she still has the infection! any time she gets a cut, or scrape, etc, she requires antibiotics... so, be careful!!!

this was a freak infection, but things like this DO happen... so, just know your body, and have anything weird checked out. i'm sure you already do- thats how you found it!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I hope you get rid of it!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I got mastitis when I was breastfeeding that turned into staph. It took 2 rounds of antibiotic to clear it up. Be sure to call your doctor if you still have symptoms after finishing your antibiotic.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2009