how to get baby to move?

i am 31wks and i cant breath because of baby in my chest, do you know anything i could do to try to get her to move just a little even if its just for 5 or 10 min.?

ashleywilkerson

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 12:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would literally push the baby back down out of my ribcage, and hold pressure long enough that they would move. no, its not harmful, won't hurt the baby, or you. they experience more pressure when you are asleep, or sitting down, than when you do this
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Maybe try putting something warm on your tummy? I'm not far enough along to have to deal with this, but my mom said when she was pregnant with my bro he sat in her ribs. She would put mild heat on the top of her belly, and he'd move down to get away from it. After he moved, she tied the cord from her robe around the top of her belly so he wasn't able to climb back up. (And before everyone says how unsafe that is to do, my brother is 22 years old and perfectly fine.)
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 12:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• You will start to feel a bit better as soon as the baby drops, I felt this way too, I could hardly breathe if I bent over to get something so I had to hold my breath lol, But its not so much in ur chest u just may be carrying a little high :)
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Jen I knew heat could help move but the thing with the robe cord is something different (however cute) :-D
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Drink some Orange Juice, Walk around, do some jumping jacks, lay in different positions...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• www.spinningbabies.com
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• after posting this question, the next day she dropped, i guess i got my reliefe just not how i wanted it.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 12:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2009