Renting question (Maybe someone who rents out houses)

I want to move and found a nice 2 bedroom that is cheaper then what I'm paying now by 100 but the thing is I won't have the deposit until the 1st. My question is if you were a landlord would you hold the place for us or rent to another couple?? I have a great references and always pay my rent on time even when my dd was hospitalized we paid our rent in the allotted time.

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 1:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The owners of the house,,usually rents to who ever has the money NOW. And has a good credit score. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis, normaly.

Answer by louise2 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• PS. If you are going from apartment to house. The bills will be different. You will be paying rent, electric, (if the house has gas) gas, And water, sewage and garbage.

Answer by louise2 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• some will work with u but u just have to talk to them, some people are generous with issues like this considering the economy
    Anonymous

• we pay everything as it is we live in a duplex there are 2 one is 100 cheaper and the other is 25 more but the one that is a little more has need empty for well over a month
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• We have three properties that we rent. Renting is a business--it is supplemental income for us. Therefore we utilize the services of a property manager and only accept leases in which the renter agrees to EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) monthly payments. Even if you have great credit and references, I would be concerned that you do not have the deposit available up front, and what would happen down the road if you are living "check to check" now?

And just so you know, we use a property manager and EFT now, because we were taken advantage of several times in the past for being understanding and generous with late rent payments! A good percentage of the rental income we generate goes back into the rental properties in the form of upgrades, making them highly desirable!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• As long as you are honest and have good chemistry with the land lord you will be fine. talk to them and try to work something out. these days its hard to get tenants so luck maybe on your side.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Doesn't hurt to ask. They might be having trouble renting it out at this time of the year and would be willing to work with you. Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2009