Did I do the right thing?

I got a friend request on Facebook a few weeks ago from a guy I knew in school. We never dated or anything, just friends,he actually moved before we graduated and I haven't seen him in at least 20 years. Anyway, we chatted twice on FB, and yesterday we were chatting and he said some things that made me REALLY uncomfortable. He was saying how good I looked and how I had a nice body and I need to put up more pics on my profile.Bear in mind, I don't even have any bathing suit pics or anything like that on my profile. I was shocked! I think it's VERY inappropriate for a married man to say things like that to another woman, especially a MARRIED woman. I deleted him from my friend list today without telling him I was going to or why I did it. Did I do the right thing? Should I have told him I think he's a sleaze bag and that's why I deleted him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• You did the right thing, why waste time responding to this sleazy guy? He is no one you want as a friend. I feel sorry for his wife.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 1:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I think you did the right thing. Granted, the sleaze bag comment would've made you feel better... but chances are, he already knows he is. I had a similar issue on myspace (long time ago) from someone that i never even spoke to while we were in high school. He was of the "rich, popular" crowd, while i was the wallflower with a small group of friends that didnt really fit into the bigger groups. I had up ONE pic, a face shot of me with my son when he was about 2... and he ranted and raved and then he started getting sexual...like gross sexual. It wasnt even flattering anymore... so I deleted him, ignored all further requests from him, and eventually blocked him...
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• OMG, I have had this happen as well, I don't understand why all the boys you knew in high school, think that {or hope} that we have turned into horny middle aged women, LOL! Yes you did the right thing, my hubby and I are only friends with the opposite sex who are friends with both of us! He has had women do the same thing to him, it is funny how when someone is friends with your husband on Facebook as well they tend to behave a little better!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Yes maam you did the right thing!! Dont doubt yourself for a minute. Its very inappropriate for a man to be saying such things to a woman and even more so if they are both married. Its acutally a form of sexual harrassment and anything that makes you uncomfortable is inappropriate. He will automatically know why you deleted him, so dont worry about letting him know. That type of behavior is uncalled for and usually unwanted. Only women who are insecure and want negative attention respond to that type of comments. You should be proud of yourself!!
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Been there. WHy are these hs boys hitting on us girls? Their wives I feel sorry for. This facebook is great for platonic friendships but otherwise it really is not that great for other relationships.
    Anonymous

• OP here:Thanks everyone!! It just makes me mad that he never would have considered flirting with me way back in school, when I was an Ugly Duckling, but now that I'm married with a good looking husband who treats me like a queen and gives me all the compliments and flirting I need,and 2 gorgeous children, he thinks he's doing me some kind of favor or something. Oh well, he lives 500 miles away and chances are I'll never see him again anyway, which is a good thing, because I'd probably puke. He's probably like this with all women, so it's only a matter of time before his wife finds out, if she doesn't already know.
    Anonymous