Questions for ladies who have gotten a Brazilian wax

I made an appointment to get a Brazilian wax done (o.O) and I have some questions for those who have had one...
Should I shave or trim the area prior to going?
Would it be better to take some asprin before or after the waxing?
Will the area be red afterwards? For about how long?
Are there any time restrictions on how long I should wait to have sex afterwards? (the plan is to get it done Monday morning --since they arent open tomorrow-- and surprise hubby when he comes home for lunch for our anniversary)

If you have any other tips or pointers, they'd be greatly appreciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• HI, Yes you should trim, but leave the hair about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long, when I wax people I suggest they take Advil or Tylenol, no asprin. It will be uncomfortable, but depending on how coarse your hair is not for too long! You should be good to go when he gets home, LOL, I would suggest buying Tend Skin or whatever they have at the salon that will keep the ingrown hairs away when it starts to grow back, happy waxing, and good afternoon delight--LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• kimi go go do waxers ever think its disgusting to do a woman who is fat? or a little over weight? what do they expect your vagina to be like when we come in to get waxed?
    Anonymous

• OP-thanks kimigogo!
    Anonymous

• No girl, the only thing that has ever made me feel weird is when someone is not fresh! I am not obese myself, but I am certainly not going to win any best body awards, lol, don't scrub down there, because you don't want to irritate your hair follicles! Women are women and come in all shapes and sizes, I myself don't do the full thing, just leave a very small landing stirp--LOL. You might feel more comfortable with this, I just personally don't like my labia waxed--TMI I know, I have been a cosmetologist for 20 years, so please make sure that whoever you are going to is experienced in waxing and has done the FULL monty-lol before! Have you ever even had a bikin wax? I always start out there before my clients decide to go all the way, PM if you want anymore info!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• lol you're in for a treat. sorry can't help but giggle. it's gonna hurt. use motrin or somethin'. and it'll hurt for days. they like you to trim, out of courtesy. and make sure you shower right before. and don't eat or drink anything that makes you gassy or urinate frequently. be brave!
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 2:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• OUCH! why would someone do this..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i just shave with a razar! :)
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• oh man i got this done, wow, it hurt so bad while and after that i didnt want my hubby near it and it didnt stop hurting until like a week or two later and by that time the hair was already growing back, not worth the pain hunny
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2009