If a child is taken from his mom and put into foster care is the rest of his family allowed to see him?

And no nobody else can take him for various reasons. Even though his grandma really could but won't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• That depends on the foster family and the reason why the child is taken away from the mother. If there are no restraining orders, then it's just up to the foster family.
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 2:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My brother had his kids taken away and the rest of the family couldn't see them. It really does depend on the state and county you love in.
    Anonymous

• You might get some more good answers by posting this in the adoption Q&A section. There are lots of foster moms who can share from their own experience.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 4:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Yes, the biological family have more rights than anyone, but make sure the foster family won't try to adopt. I have my nieces, and when I found out they were placed in foster care, I immediately went down to social services and filed for visitaion, and later I filed for custody. The biological family have more rights than the foster family. It is against the law for Child protective services to keep biological family away unless the entire family have been declared unfit, and that is rare.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2009