don't you hate it when people say they are going to do something , and they don't?

i'm talking about people who do this all the time. my mother in law is always telling my 3 year old daughter that she will come visit her, or take her somewhere, but 9 times out of 10 something always comes up, or she says she forgot she had something to do. if it was only occasionally that this happened it wouldn't bother me, but its almost every time. my daughter gets so upset about it when her grandma says shes gonna see her, and then doesn't. she even said 'i need to stop telling her i'm gonna come over when i can't'. duh! i mean really.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Then the child takes it out on momma. I hated that. So my hubby told his mom only if you know you say something that we will go out or go over. Don't lead kids on to make up for lost time to make them look good in the kid's eyes. I can definitely relate....
    Anonymous

• That drives me crazy.
    Anonymous

• I ran into this same situation, Grandma (my mom) was always telling my kids she would take them here and there and they could have sleepovers, etc... The kids were always asking me when they were going to Grandma's and I would have to be the one to make it all ok. This never changed, even when the kids were older, my mom promised them she would never miss their high school graduations. One week before the first one graduated she said something to the fact of "oh it is too bad I can't come but I have to be at so and so on that night." This did it for me and I basically cut her out of my life, if she chooses to have a relationship with them it is between them and her, I no longer play the middle man. I can't handle it anymore.
    Anonymous