Yummiest Baby foods???

My daughter has tried rice cereal mixed with breast milk and applesauce and has tried sweet potatoes. She hates them both. What should I try next???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Massed fruit! Mix 4-5 kinds of fruit and it\s yummyyyyy! Even I love it!
    Anonymous

• bananas and avocados are faves in our house, along with squash, green beans, peas, sweet potatoes, applesauce, pears......
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Try real food. Have you ever tasted that rice cereal yourself? It's less palatable than cardboard. Babies have taste buds too! Those packaged and jarred baby foods are either tastless or taste bad and overpriced.

http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I would stick with those... a baby has to try a food, I think it's 20 times before there is a true dislike of something. You baby might not be ready for foods yet. The new taste and texture can creep them out too and make them gag. I would just stick with the foods you have tried or try again in a couple of weeks and see if it goes better.
    I would also try making your own if you haven't... it tates WAY better and can adjust the textures more... with my son he hated thin baby foods (like the stage 1) I started making my own and made them thicker... more like pudding and he loved them!
    My son's fav was sweetpotatoes. We also did baby oatmeal vs rice cereal (used rice only to thicken foods). The rice cereal does taste like glue... it's nasty!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Take a ripe banana and mash it up. Be sure to try one thing at a time too. Keep trying!! :)
    anklebitr

Answer by anklebitr at 4:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2009