Crock pot recipe

Any good crock pot recipes or casserole recipes that you don't have the 2 steps of precooking the meat. I want the easy ones where you just cook it longer and the meat cooks with the meal.....:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I cook a lot in my crock pot, especially this time of year. One of the ones my kids love the most is this: Put boneless chicken breast, two cans of cream of mushroom soup, sliced mushrooms, two cups of milk, grated parm cheese, and some garlic salt in the crock pot. Cook it for like 6-8 hours and then serve it over baked potatoes.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Join Crockpot Moms here on CM. They have a TON of recipes!!
    One I did recently was put some chicken breasts in the crockpot, and cover with cream of mushroom (or chicken!) soup. Add a little milk if you wish. Cook low for 7 hours. Take some buscuits (like pilsbury grands in the refrigerated section), rip them up and add them on top. Cook 1 more hour, and viola!! Chicken and dumplings.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• That is a good group .There is a website called 365 days of Slow Cooking.I like it because for most recipes there is little pre-cooking.Just do the prep chopping onions or whatever dump it in and you are done.She also describes the effort,who and why the food was or wasn't liked by her family.She even describes her flops and why they flopped.She just had her cookbook published it is at B&N but I just use the website for the recipes.I put some chicken breasts,large red potatoes and Mojo marinade and let it cook all afternoon.Had corn and salad everyone loved it.I put extra chicken in and made shredded chicken tacos 2 nights later .All yummy

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I agree with the chicken and cream of mush soup. You can also do some chicken with a jar of spaghetti sauce, can of diced tomatoes, and some garlic/seasonings of your choice. Cook on low for like 6-8 hours.

We also make bbq beef sandwiches in the crock pot--just throw the roast in the pot w/about 1C beef broth. Cook 6-8 hours on low until meat can be pulled apart with fork. I don't put the bbq sauce in the crock pot b/c then I can give the kids plain sandwiches or put bbq sauce on it. Or, I can use the left over meat for something else, like tacos.
    purplemoosemom

Answer by purplemoosemom at 3:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I will post one recipe here; send me a message offlist if you would like more:

Sloppy JoJos in the crockpot
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1 large yellow onion, diced
    1 celery stalk diced
    1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (if you have sensitive skin, wear gloves)
    1 red or green pepper, seeded and diced
    2 tsps. chili powder
    1/2 tsp. allspice
    1-1/2 cups brown lentils, rinsed (not red lentils)
    14-1/2 oz diced tomatoes (I use muir glen fire roasted, if I have them)
    3 cups water or vegetable broth
    2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce or tamari or braggs
    1 tbsp. prepared yellow or brown mustard
    1 tbsp. sugar to cut the acid
    1 tsp. salt or to taste and add at the end of cooking.
    Fresh pepper to taste (I use cayenne pepper)

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Heat the oil in a skillet (I do this all in the crockpot) and saute the onion, celery, jalapeno pepper, and red or green pepper and chili powder for a few minutes until onion and celery are tender but still firm. Transfer the mixture to the crockpot. Add the lentils, tomatoes, water, soy sauce, mustard and sugar. Add pepper. Stir. Add the salt at the end, this
    keeps the lentils from taking long to cook and becoming tough. Cover the crockpot, set it on low and cook for 7-8 hours. Or 1 hr on high and 6-7 on low. Serve on whole wheat buns and have a lot of napkins

• Lotsa recipes here.

Anonymous

• Tuna casserole is easy...it's just tuna, cream of mushroom soup, canned peas, pasta, cheddar cheese, and either crushed ritz crackers or those little french friend onions...oh, and maybe milk. I googled the recipe today, actually, to learn how to make it. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Steak & Gravy

* 2 to 2 1/2 lb. round steak, cut into serving size pieces
    * 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
    * 1/4 cup water
    * 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup

Place steak pieces in crockpot. Add rest of ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Crock pot Salsa Chicken

* 4 to 6 chicken breasts
    * 32 oz. salsa (2 16 oz. jars)
    * 1 15 oz. can corn, drained
    * 1 16 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed

Lay chicken pieces in bottom of crock pot. Top with rest of ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until chicken is done. Serve with rice, or with flour tortillas, sour cream, black olives, tortilla chips, etc
    michiganmom116