Do I tip the groomer?

This lady does it out of her home and charges $35. This is our first time using her. Do I give her a holiday tip? Of course, it depends if I'm satisfied. And I'm sure I will be, she was highly recommended.

yldflwr

Asked by yldflwr at 2:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pets

• I was a groomer-prior to being a SAHM. Yes you do usually tip a groomer-just as you would the person that cuts your hair. Since it is the first time you are using her I wouldn't say you have to "holiday tip" but a tip is alway nice. When I worked people would give some VERY generous "holiday tips" but they were people who I had been doing their dogs for years.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Dog groomers usually get and expect tips. I worked as a dog bather in college and would get tips ranging from $2 to $20. Most people tipped about $5, groomers probably averaged $10. We charged a lot more then $35 dollars for most grooms and even some bath dogs!

You tip your hairdresser don't you? Trust me dog groomers have it A LOT harder then hairdressers!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2009