Non-traditional work hours?

I desperately want a job where I can be off by 3pm. It would be great if it's full time (40hrs a week), but I am to the point where I'd take 30hrs a week. Please help!

I live in Tampa, FL

LWESTBROOKS

Asked by LWESTBROOKS at 2:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I use to manage a 24-7 call center, for a financial institution..there were many shifts from 5am-1:30pm 6am-2:30pm and 7am-3:30pm. It was nice because lunch was only 1/2 hour. What type of previous work experience do you have? You may want to look into companies that have departments open 24 hours a day, in order to get a non-traditional schedule.

Good Luck!

TheGo2Mom

Answer by TheGo2Mom at 5:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Well, there is always the option of working from home. I'm always done by 3, or at least I could be! I have a great business with Ameriplan. www.ThisIsAP.com. I make a great income, have benefits and make my own hours!

If you are looking for a more traditional JOB, there is still the option of an at home job. They are more flexable that out of the home jobs! I have a list of those as well, www.SabrinasCloset.info just click on the Work At Home Jobs tab.

Otherwise keep checking sites like Snag-A-Job or Craigslist and see what is hiring near you. You will have to do some phone calling to see what kind of hours these places are looking for, but you could get lucky!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Depending on your skills/education, you could look into school district jobs--secretarial, classroom aide, associate teacher, etc. The classroom jobs at the aide/associate level usually only require a high school diploma.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:45 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I teach preschool at a Catholic School and I work 7am-12pm. A grocery store may also be an option, because they are open early or 24 hours.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• You should look at the jobs I have listed on Free Money Online, everything is free and you can work whenever you want.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• You could work at a local breakfast/brunch restaurant.

Answer by missanc at 8:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Walmart has a shift like that, most grocery stores...places that have 3 shifts would get off by 3-4...schools...check the newspapers and craigslist...most employers looking for part time tend to be looking for evenings! You might do well just driving around, kinda aggrivating, esp because most places hire through online apps...but face to face you can get answeres to your questions about scheduling!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2009