Why is it that men feel insecure about sitting to pee?

My ex feels that if you don't stand to pee, you're not a man.
My SO has two DD's (and I have 1), as well as 5 sisters... He understands the horror of falling in in the middle of the night because someone didn't put the seat down. Or slip in a puddle because it was dark and they had bad aim. So, he is respectful and courteous when using their bathroom.
I am trying to reteach my 4 1/2 year old to sit to pee, and my 2 1/2 year old to do the same... long story short, HE FLIPPED OUT! said that I was teaching them to be B****es...

WHY do men feel that way? Do ALL of them, or just him? it is asinine!!!!
(by the way, I wish ALL men would sit to pee, it would make cleaning the bathroom a lot easier!!)

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 2:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My X used to tell me that he would go #1 standing then sit down to do the rest of the deed. men are just wierd but it is what men do and should do. how they were trained to do it. I can understand why he would be upset.
    Anonymous

• Because of your husbands reactions to it. At some point some man told his sons they were bitches if they didn't stand to pee and so started the 'you're only a man if you stand to pee'. I would NOT let him treat my sons that way. That is abuse.

That said. They will need to learn to pee standing up. In our society boys pee standing up. Their public bathrooms are set up that way. They will be teased in school if they have to go into a stall to pee, not to mention there are never many stalls in the mens room.

I might not be as clean as you think. At some point boys would get lazy, like they do when they stand, and wouldn't push their penis down and you would still get pee everywhere.
    Anonymous

• It does not bother my DH to sit and pee. I told him if her pee's all ove he cleans the bathroom. so he sits a lot.

Answer by louise2 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My husband sits to pee if he has to poop. But other then that he stands. he's says it's the man's way. LOL I don't question it i just say ok babe
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I'm not saying that they shouldn't know how to pee standing up... but there is an appropriate time and place. MY bathroom shouldn't have to be it, because of their sperm donors opinion of masculinity. it stretches so much farther than that- my DS's favorite color is pink (which i have no issue with- it is after all a just a color). my other DS has long hair (he's 2 1/2) and likes to wear it in a low pony tail... my dd told him that it was pretty, so he now asks to have his hair "pretty". their sperm donor again flipped out- called me names, and said i was trying to "turn them into Little Homos!". *sigh*
    IMO, i don't see anything wrong with sitting to pee, my older brothers had to at home, out of respect- as did my father. how they eliminate waste out of the house is of no concern to me. but i don't think it should be an issue!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My SO always sits. He says it's too much mess for lil boys and big guys to stand. Standing is for public toilets and outside peeing. And my man is NOT a bitch.

Some men are really immature and insecure.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• my boys sit to pee at home...and i remind them b4 they go potty to sit down...esp now my dd knows how to opens doors and tries to follow her brothers into the bathroom...save them the embarrassment and it encourages her to potty.. and dont allow her to go in their with them but there had been times where i was busy with something and she snuck passed me.
    my dh stands to pee, which aggrivates me even with the door closed i can hear him pee and it makes me sick...my ex used sit down to pee and even wipe when he was done....
    Anonymous

• They need to learn to stand to pee. Ever seen a urinal? Can't sit on them. They pee sitting down only when they poop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2009