To all you Mommys who are raising a BOY!

Dh and I have 3 little girls all together. One is from his previous relationship. We know that within the next year or two we will try again and are hopeing for a boy but if we have another girl we will still be very happy but would really love to have a boy. So Today I set up a play date at my house with step sisters little girl who is 4 and her little boy who is 5. to play with my two lil girls who are 3 almost 4 and 1 1/2. Lets just say I HAD to cut the play date short to two hours instead of 3 cause this little boy was DRIVING ME CRAZY! He was extremely rambunkches, very hyper, played very ruff with the girls, wanted to throw balls across the house, tore up everything he could get his hands on, kept going outside cause he said he needed to "Spit", tore down my stockings, Im surprised my trees still standing, Lol And.. The list goes on. I need to know is this how all boys act or is it just him and his Moms poor parenting?

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 2:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• All I can say is that that doesn't come close to describing my boys. I have three (ages 5, 4 and 3 years).

Mine will start roughhousing with each other, they know not to do it with anyone else...we've kind of made it a "brother" thing, I guess. LOL

I can't say they've ever destroyed anything in the house, and if they did break something it was accidental and more of a "toddler" thing.

They know better than to throw ANYTHING in the house...ball or not.

They play nicely with their cousins when they come over, but do get a bit loud (that would be 5 boys ages 3-10 in ONE room! LOL) I can't think of any injuries, anyway. LOL

But that's my experience with MY boys.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 1) playdates shouldn't be more than 4 kids, I counted 5
    2) they shouldn't last more than an hour, 2 was pushing it
    3) sounds like this playdate was a learning experience for all parties involved LOL! (Good, cuz that's what they're for :)
    4) After all that said, what was his mom doing when he was tearing down your stocking? and throwing balls? It's normal for him to do it but what was mom's reaction? That would tell me if it was bad parenting. Cuz she could be working on these things with him but if she's whatever about it then she's not dealing with the situation and you need to out him from your playdates
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• LOL, sounds like a BOY to me, where was mom when all of this was going on? I will say that my little hellion will TRY to do anything, bu t he knows his boundaries and when MOM is watching he won't try it--LOL. I think boys are a little less mature than girls, and a little more wild in most cases, funny we have had to cut play dates short with little girls his age, because they want to kiss him! Have fun mom, and I think the mom in question maybe needs to step in and do a little discipline, but yes in MY experience they are more wild and crazy at the age of 4 than their girl counterparts!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• His daughter lives with her Mother so it was 4 kids all together and his Mother was at home but I think if she was even here she prob wouldnt do much about it. Im sure part of why he acts the way that he does is part of her lack of parenting but I was just curious if maybe thats just how little boys act and maybe its just a stage that they all go thru at that age.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 3:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• It depends on the boy. My oldest is a boy and he was the calmest of all my children. 1 boy and 3 girls.
    Anonymous

• Boy will be boys my son is only 10 motnhs and he is very rough and hardheaded. Boys are like that. You just have to have patience with them and lots of energy thats why when i do playdates set them up according to gender because i havegirl too so i only invite girlsover to play and with my son i will only invite boys over. Girls and Boys play diffrently.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i can not stand hearing "boys will be boys" its a load of crap.

no, not all boys are like that- i would never condone those behaviors from ANY child of mine, in my home or anywhere else. it had nothing to do with being a boy, it likely lies with what the father allows/promotes, and the mothers lack of intervention.

as far as play dates go- i've had as many as a dozen kids of all ages, running around and playing for hours on end- there is no set time limit that they can take, or should be set. just what the seem to cope with, which changes from day to day. when we get my kids and my brother and sisters kids together, thats a dozen alone! regardless of ho many other kids are involved. good planning, and supervision are all that is needed.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• It does sound like boy behavior, but it just sounds more like bad behavior, really. I also thought your wrote...."showed his balls"...LOL so sorry!

My middle child is a boy and he is super sweet. He hugs everybody. My third child is a boy and I can tell that he is going to be trouble. He fits the "boy" stereotype. But also stereotyping here, lil boys LOVE their mamas kind of like the way little girls love their daddy's. Since you have all these girls and if you get a boy, he will probably be sweet on his sisters. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I am the mother of three boys, ages 18, 13, & 5. So, I would be clueless in your world of girls. (lol) Personally, I would say it's most likely the boy himself & he's parent's lack of disciplining him. My oldest and youngest acted rambunctious like the boy you mentioned, but my husband and I always and still do for the youngest, correct when it is/was needed. However, my middle son, was & still has a much more calmer temperament. So, yeah, I think it's just this child and his temperament and if you have a boy, discipline him when it is needed, everything should be just fine.

good

Desirae17

Answer by Desirae17 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• It's the parents believing the "boys will be boys" CRAP and not properly teaching him how to behave.
    Anonymous