Has anyone ever tried castor oil to help start labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It will only give you diharea, bad diharea.

Answer by louise2 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i did it worked for me i didnt get diharea i took one tsp with soda than another one like a hour or 2 after that
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• my mom did this when she was expecting me... all it did was clean her out to be nice about it. I did not come for another week afterwards. Some other oldwives tales that I have heard are reaching the big O. Spicy Foods. Walking.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• absolutly did not work all it made me do was pooop allot waist of time!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Yes, I was given castor oil as a last ditch effort before pitocin. I now know that this was not safe for me or my baby because of the risk of dehydration from diarrhea & vomiting. It didn't do anything except make me very sick to my stomach from both ends, which actually hindered my labor because I was focusing on trying to deal with the GI symptoms I was having instead of staying relaxed & focused on my labor. I would definately not reccommend it.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2009