pagans against starbucks?

I just saw a FB page that said pagans against Starbucks. Why? What is wrong with Starbucks in the mind of pagans? anyone know?

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 3:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's because they would not allow an employee to wear her pentacle necklace, even under her clothing.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Never heard of that....I can say this pagan isnt against them LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Was this supported by the company Starbucks or was this a decision by one manager. Either way its wrong.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• night phoenix, do you by any chance have a link to the story?
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 4:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• http://hr.blr.com/HR-news/Discrimination/Religious-Discrimination/Was-Discharge-Based-on-Religion-or-Attendance/

I found this link, I don't know if you are talking about another case.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 4:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• It sounds like it was the managers who gave her a hard time & HR backed her up. At that point I wouldn't have blamed the Starbucks company, except that it sounds like they didn't do anything to stop the comments of the managers. When it went to suit the company seemed to be backing the managers which seems like a bad idea. I wish it wasn't somebody who had attendance problems bringing the suit, but that doesn't make it ok for them to have told her not to wear it & it makes it look bad when they fired her. Like did they fire everyone with the same attendance issues or did they decide it was a good excuse to get rid of the "trouble maker"? I don't really care for Starbucks so I don't have to make a decision about whether or not I want to support them after this incidence, I get my drinks elsewhere anyway.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Starbucks tastes like it's burnt half the time anyway - I go to a local place, owned by a woman who gets all her coffees from a woman-owned supply business. Far more "liberal" than Starbucks and they actually know how to make coffee too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I will be writing a letter to Starbucks and let them know I will not go to any more of their coffee houses. I bet many of my Pagan friends out here will do the same.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2009