How soon can you take a premature baby for outing??

I am a mom of 3 weeks old premature baby girl. She is 37 weeks old now but she is very tiny and I am afraid she well get sick. Any suggestions on how soon can you take those babies out?

Thanks
Izabella

tinkerbell17

Asked by tinkerbell17 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What does her pediatrician recommend?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't unless you really HAVE to... and then I would wear her in a sling or something... so that she is close to you and and protected. With new babies adults and children just can't keep their hands off! if she is in a sling they can't get at her.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My pediatrician has a very strict no outings or child visitors until after 6 weeks old. For a preemie that would be 6 weeks after your due date.

You need to be even more careful about taking your baby out since this is cold and flu season than a mommy of a preemie would have to be if their baby were born in the Spring or Summer. I'm 9 months pregnant and have 2 toddlers and trying desperately to keep us all well before my c-section in less than 2 weeks and have noticed every where we go people are sniffling and coughing. If I were you I would keep your baby in for anothe 9 to 10 weeks.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I would just ask the dr. My son was born 8 weeks premature and we have taken him out. Sometimes you just have to.
    Anonymous