bad headaches since giving birth c section

i gave birth in august to a baby girl c section i felt fine when i came home was just very tired i started getting headaches but thought it was due to lack of sleep due to new baby then 10 days postpatum i was re admitted into hospital with preeclampsia after delivery still having headaches but thinking that it was due to high blood pressure .. bp is now fine my daughter is going to be 4 months old and i been suffering from headaches every since been to doctors ,er they treated me for sinus infection ,migraines nothing has worked .. i been doing some research on internet and thinking its a spinal headache from recieving a spinal block during c section has anyone ever experinced this headaches are so intense feeling like iam going to die

nina81109

Asked by nina81109 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Health

• Ohh yes! I have had a headache everyday since having my dd 16 months ago. Its soooo annoying and drives me crazy. I told my dh the other day I think the only time I dont have one is when Im sleeping. I have had migrains so bad that my whole right side went numb and limp, I could not talk properly, couldnt even tell you my first name if I had too, throwing up, the whole works and I have visited the hospital several times because of this. And none of this ever happened untill after my C-Section. Along with the headaches Ive had backaches too. Im seeing a neuroligist for it right now trying to figure it out.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 3:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• omg sounds like me its like a throbbing pain on right side some time pressure on top of head i get dizzy they did cat scan and labs in er and everything is fine i feel like im going to die i been on so many meds for migraine nothing works it such an uncomfortable feeling the only time i dont feel it is when im sleepin also i been to neuroligist also.. believe it or not i called labor and delivery where i gave birth and they told me to go to ob gyn they would be able to tell me if its from the spinal block
    nina81109

Answer by nina81109 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• it is probably from the spinal block, or are you taking birth control yet? i had them postpartum with my 1st from the epidural i had but they only lasted 2 months, then i had them postpartum after my 2nd but they were related to taking yasmin. ive heard a lot of women who get headaches from both epidurals and spinal blocks so that could be what it is. believe me i know how horrible they are!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Yes I had that to, it lasted about two and a half years, but I had a c-section then another spinal block 10 days later because I needed a D&C so I have two spinal blocks in a 10 day period so that could have been why mine lasted so long
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• While not as bad as some of you, I also had that problem after having my first child by emergency c-section. It took a few months for the problem to mostly go away. That was one of the factors in me insisting to attempt a VBAC my second time.
    ssunshine360

Answer by ssunshine360 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2009