Would you tell a 16 year old to her face she's making a mistake?

Let's say a 16 year old came up to you and said she wants to have a baby... would you tell her she was wrong/right to her face?

I would. I work with the youth at church and if one of them said she was trying to conceive I would tell her it is not easy caring for a baby, and then I would tell her my story. And I was 19 when I got preg with the first one. I think girls get so caught up in the hype of babies they don't realize that it does get "old" after awhile. It's not like you can just go do your own thing after a year or two, those kids are with you for the rest of your life. I think teenagers need to start focusing on other things besides sex... And if your a young mom... i'm not bashing you, I'm just saying if a young girl was to tell me that she was trying to have a baby I would seriously encourage her not to do it

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I too had a child at 19 and I was way too young. I don't regret having my child but I do look at all I missed out on. I didn't get the chance to "grow up" I just had to do it to be able to provide for my child. Would I tell a 16 year old child she's wrong. Absolutely.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 3:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Hand the girl a real baby for 24 hours. That will change her mind real quick!
    Anonymous

• i agree. i had my first child at seventeen. NOT planned, but it happened. granted i love him to death and wouldnt change it for the world, not every girl can care for a baby at such a young age. i had people trying to tell me to leave my son with my parents and go party and this and that and you cant do that. if you are going to have a kid, you dont go party every weekend. you dont smoke weed anymore, you dont go out to the club. in my opinion at least. its childish, and you cant act like a child and raise one at the same time. it just doesnt work out the greatest. i think young girls should have their "fun" while they can. its much easier without a child.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I had my DD when i was 16... not because I thought it was cool, or because i wanted a baby, it was a byproduct of sex. I had sex, I got pregnant, end of story...
    I have long since thought that I should provide a public service by loaning out my children for a week at a time to "At Risk Youth". I honestly believe that it would be the MOST EFFECTIVE form of BC. :)
    yes... absolutely- i have every right to tell some who is about to make a HUGE life altering decision, that is isn't a good idea. whether or not it does any good, who knows.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Well I had my first child at 24 1/2. I went to high school, finish colleged and was a teacher. I am a single mom and it still isnt easy. Yes I can afford to take care of my daughter on my own. But its no fun. I used to spend money on new clothes and nine west shoes. I used to go shopping every weekend and out to eat three times a week. I used to go to happy hour on Tuesday and Thursday and hit the clubs on Friday and Saturday. Thats all before i started paying $540 a month for daycare, plus diapers, plus milk, plus clothing. I spend appr. $700 total on my daughter a month. Let alone my other bills. I dont by any means regret my daughter but oh yes honey if I can turn back the hands of time. Birth control would have been taken. My daughter father is around when he wants to be and have moved on with his life. As a matter of fact he is getting married tomorrow. I would tell any girl to live their life first.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• had mine at 18, now i would definetly tell her what you just said and why BUT i do gotta say that i most likely would not tell her it is wrong or right only because she is a teen and everything an adult says to a teen goes the opposite....sometimes lol.

but i also have to say that i would not tell her the rights and wrongs because its just not a good idea to tell pple if it is wrong, you can say why you think it is wrong but not just that its wrong, but this is just my opinion.

ive had my experience of me telling my friend why she was in the wrong of doing this and that with her baby's daddy, of course she got so tired of hearing me telling her the rights and wrongs but it wasnt in my place to be telling her that to begin with. i should really tell her that im sorry.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Yes I would AND under those circumstances I would tell her parents.
    Anonymous

• I would love to have a stash of those computerized baby dolls. The one that log everything. They cry, fuss, need changing and fed. Every single time a teenage girl says she wants a baby and they give her one of those dolls for 24 hours their perspective is changed quickly. The dolls are programmed based on actual observation of real babies. How much in 24 hrs they slept, eat, fed and cried. Would I tell them..you bet. I have and I will again. I don't say "you're wrong" or "you're making a mistake" I just tell them they can't even imagine how much work it is, I basically tell them they don't even know...what they don't know.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• If i knew her persoanlly i would, if its some random stranger then no.
    wifecombs

Answer by wifecombs at 4:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Knowing what I know now? Absolutely. I can't believe how immature and naive I was for wanting a baby at 19.

Oh well, live and learn.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2009