Vent about mom-in-law

Okay. I'm sick of my mom-in-law. I'm the kind of person who likes to do things on my own. And I'm tired of my mom-in-law coming over and cleaning my house and rubbing my back when I ask why she bought us groceries. I'm tired of her not listening when I ask her not to do something. I'm tired of her buying decorations for my house and dictating where they go and at what angle. And I'm still pissed that she tries to convince hubby to move on her property or to a town 10 minutes away. We're only a 45 minute drive from her house and 10 minutes from her work... we really don't need to be closer. I want to say something to her but I'm afraid I'll bite her dang head off. And I'm especially tired of hubby asking what my problem is.

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 3:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Hello, I am tired of my MIL not caring about her grandson or anyone but herself, sounds like you have a Momma's boy! I would just talk to DH and see if he could get her to back off a bit??
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Use caller id plus you can get a ring identifier for her number as an identifying sound to choose to answer or avoid. Stop answering her calls let your husband deal with her. Don't argue with him just tell him you're not feeling good and doctor said to rest. Let her voice messages go to voicemails. Tell husband his mom called no other message with that and that he should call her. You're allowing your self to get upset. Take control of your calls and visitors. Nurture YOU.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I have the same problem with MY mother. Hubby's mom doesn't give a damn about our family.

I've told my mom to cut it out many times and she won't listen to me. Apparently, when my hubby told her she was being irritating, she was insulted and actually cut it out! Try telling her in a nice way.
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 3:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i have the same problem as emmagr. my mother is the one doing that and i wish that my mil did that. actually, if u add the two, mix em up and divide by 2 theyd BOTH be the perfect grandmothers! sad, huh? wat i do is i put the phone on caller id and i finally snapped and told my mom the truth about what i was feeling. like, look biddy, this is MY house, MY shit, and MY rules. u need to accept it w/o question wen it comes to my daughter, or u can get the HECK out! or basck off, at least! my hubby is a mammas boy, so i know how it is. u just need to explain that if he dosent put his ass in ur shoes your gonna snap his head off. and maybe his mothers too! just talk to ur hubby first, then if all else fails, do the above mentioned! i hope i was helpful! lol
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Sounds like she needs something in her life,and she is finding solace in your family. Does she have other kids,grandkids, a hubby, does she date? Does she have girlfriends? If she can busy her life with other people instead of knit picking at you and your family she would be a happier lady for sure.. Then again maybe she just feels really close to you guys.. Sounds like she could use some hobbies too.. Give her big hugs and sit and have a chit chat with her and gently tell her how you feel..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2009