what should my son be doing a 2 months?

maminatasha

Asked by maminatasha at 3:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well my son just turned 3 months. at 2 though, he was trying hard to hold up his head, sometimes he could do it on his own but not often, cooing and smiling were occasional throughout the day. noticing voices and who you and dad (if hes around) are. more alert during the day, sleeping pattern starts to be more consistent. things like that. but then again, every baby is different. whats normal, or on track, for my son might not be for yours. factors to consider have to do with how many weeks you were when you delivered, health problems, hereditary things. all sorts of things. also i had a two month well care dr visit for my son. call your pediatrician and ask for a check up. ask them if they think hes on track. hope this helped =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Eating, sleeping, burping, peeing, pooping.....
    Anonymous

• I ditto what the last anon 3:07 said plus at 2 months your baby should be smiling too.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• mine was holding his head up, TRYING very hard to push up with his arms while on his belly, smiling, cooing, talking back to me- ***when I would talk to him, he would coo back to me*** now he is 3 months, turned 3 months on the 1st- and he is pushing up with his arms, rolling over, and smiling, giggling, laughing **belly laughs** and sleeping all the way though the night- every baby diff, and there development comes at there own pace.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 4:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My daughter is 3.5 months now and she only just started holding her head up halfway decent about two weeks ago. That is also when she started holding her head up during tummy time. Before that she would just move her head from one side to the other and get mad after about a minute. Now it takes her closer to 5 minutes before she gets mad. At 2 months she was smiling and she would focus on her crib mobile and watch while it moves. She still won't really focus on toys that I hold. Evidently I am WAY more exciting than any toy. LOL! But when on her activity mat and in the crib, she will focus on and reach for the toys there.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2009