I found a lost Drivers license at the club last night, how do I find the owner?

I left abruptly and didnt get the chance to turn it in to the nightclub. The address on it is local and I can very easily mail it in...would this be a good idea? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• mail it in. It wouldnt hurt.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I would just mail it anonymously with a note saying you found it at XYZ place on XYZ date.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I would go on line to the white pages, put in the name and address, and call if a number was listed. Just in case they needed it faster than the mail would get to them.
    Anonymous

• No DO NOT mail it in. I have moved several times and my address has changed. Usually the DMV just has you place some card in your wallet with the license. What if it goes to the wrong person ?

Could you stop by the house and ask if that persno lives there ? Or next bet call the club and find out if they have a lost and found and if someone has called about the card.

Maybe weird, but the safest place to turn it into would be a police station to me.

If someone found my license and could not get it to me I would hope they shredded it so at least it's not floating out there !!!!
    Anonymous

• Oops I meant "person."
    Anonymous

• well they obviously know they lost it by now, prolly freaking out and cant drive, or they will risk driving, if you possibly can find the number, i'd call it but i would drive it over to their house, mailing it would take another couple days.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Look up the name on the white pages, there will probably be a number for the person that you can call.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 4:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Try looking up the name in the phone book and see if they are listed. If so try giving them a call and let them know that you found their DL. If you can't I would check to see if the club you were at has a lost and found and turn it in there or turn it into the police station. But as stated before DO NOT MAIL IT!!! I know that it may sound weird but I know here in TN if you move you just need to change your address in the database but you are not required to get a new ID as long as your correct address is in the database. So you are actually taking a chance if you mail it.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I always throw it in a mail box as is, no envelope. I'm not trying to get some reward & I tried to get it to them, it's up to them to update their address if they moved.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 5:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• This happened to me at a restaurant last year. My kids found a driver's license under our table when one went to retrieve a fallen crayon. We called information and phoned the house. As the "driver" was only 16, I spoke to the parent and explained the situation. The mother asked us to leave the license with the hostess so someone could pick it up. Call or mail; do what feels most comfortable for you. Good luck!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 6:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2009