what do you do when all the passion is gone from ur relationship after havin a baby 6 months ago and ur husband is on the verg of leaving you????

KatiesMom_2008

Asked by KatiesMom_2008 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• Get counseling or talk to him to see wht the passion has gone out.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• im sort of in this situation myself..sometimes we are good sometimes are are not...at this point..i just try my hardest to keep everything good for my sons sake...try talking to him 1 one 1 and tell him what you are feeling...its good..but it dosent fix everthing...sometimes ppl are not ment to be together...
    lakecali_mom

Answer by lakecali_mom at 1:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I wish I knew. Sometimes I want to just leave.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 2:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• All you can do is try to talk to him. After I had my son my sex drive was almost non existent for up to a year. I had absolutely NO feeling whatsoever down there cause when I had my son (natural) it torn my clitoris, there was a split right down the middle but the Dr. said because I had him with no medication she wouldn't sew me up and that it would heal naturally, well lets just say it took forever to heal and get the feeling back. Aside for having no drive I was just way too tired from getting up with the baby all night to even think about sex. My DH was upset but there was literally nothing I could do about it other then pretend I was in the mood even when I wasn't which was all the time. I guess you can explain to him how you feel and hopefully you guys can work this out, maybe get a babysitter and plan an intimate moment.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 2:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• The key to this, and most relationship problems, is an open line of communication. Sit down with him and explain to him how hard things are now with a new baby and that it's actually pretty normal for the "passion to be gone" during that time. Ask him what he wants to do to try and rekindle things. For my husband and I, we ended up going to marriage counseling and on top of that we made sure that we get at least one date night a month (some people have one a week, but he works too much for that to happen) so that we have "US" time.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• i think you have to figure out why the passion is gone. its not unusual to feel less than sexy after having a baby as short a time ago as you have. perhaps you and your husband would benefit from some counseling. if you suggest counseling, however, and he wont go, i think you have to figure out what is best for yourself and your baby, which may mean leaving him, or letting him leave.
    anniekelleher

Answer by anniekelleher at 6:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• It is the fact, that having a baby is bringing lots of stress to the life of the new mom and dad and the whole relationship. I do not agree about making decisions like divorce at that time. The best thing is to talk to your husband, maybe even other friend couples who already had kids, and maybe get some advice from them. I still have problem getting into mood myself, and I know it takes time after the baby to get back on track. My hubby understands that completely, even though its very frustrating. Well, what can you do about that?? It requires lots of understanding and love from him and I am glad I can get that. Good luck with sorting it out.
    Jana779

Answer by Jana779 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• i agree with vbruno. also you could try to spice it up a bit. i know that when my sex life is starting to drag that doing it more often makes it hot again. also, are either one of u depressed? cause that can make a difference, and with a new baby in the house it is easy to feel overwhelmed and not like urself (for both of u)
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2008