How to pack goodies to send in the mail?

I would like to send out brownies to my daughter in college. However I would like them to arrive fresh. Any ideas how to pack brownies?

bmwlover

Asked by bmwlover at 3:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My mom & I used to send home-baked goodies to my brother when he was in Iraq - we used a food saver to pack everything, and he said it all tasted fresh when it got there. So that'd be my first suggestion. My 2nd one would be to use a small plastic container, pack it as full as you can so there's not room for them to slide around in the container, wrap that in a couple layers of bubble wrap, and put in a box. Don't send them on one of the last days of the week - send them on a Monday or Tuesday, so they get there faster instead of sitting over Sunday somewhere - they should arrive within a day or two via the USPS that way. Just asked hubby (he's a USPS employee) - he said put them in a bag, pack in popcorn, and send priority.
    Anonymous