Do you find this as absurd as I do?

My ex husband(also BF to my DD) is having a baby with the woman I caught him cheating with. We are not friends, in fact the relationship is quite a roller coaster. He isn't a deadbeat, but financially he doesn't pull his weight and he hasn't been following CO.

Today he calls and asks me to give him something of DD's, she is still small enough to use and my friend bought it for her. We were together at the time it was given, but he never asked for it to use for DD after we separated. BUT he'll call and ask if I'll give it to him for his child with this woman? I feel, our stuff has been long seperated and if DD needs something he can't provide I do. It is not my responsibility to help him prepare for this baby. If I wanted to give things away, I would give it to someone I cared for like one of my 4 friends that are due soon.

A part of me thinks this is petty, but I know if the shoe were on the other foot, he'd be no help.

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I think he sounds like a jackass and I woul dhave said no too.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• NEVER in a million trillion years would I give one of my childs things to a woman pregnant with my childs fathers baby. ESPECIALLY if he was cheating on me with her. I would honestly LAUGH in his face. just my opinion =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• What an ass. But think of it this way. He is her problem now, Good riddens right? lol
    Anonymous

• Men think logically while we think emotionally. His logic needs a kick in the butt on this one!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• its very hard to get over feelings of hurt and anger, and or resentment toward the ex that done us wrong. Over thousands of woman and men deal with this everyday.  The most important thing is to focus on the child and or in this case children. This baby from your ex and his SO has no idea what has happened between the 2 or perhaps the 3 of you and is a brand new loving little baby.  these are just objects ( the toys), and the fact that he's asking you, might be someway he's trying to become a better person. This also will benefit the child you have together.  (i have a jerk for and ex husband believe me i understand, how hard this can be for you) Whatever my child BF does or say's to get a rise outta me or doesn't think about our son best interest, is always hard, because you dont have control anymore, neither does he over you. Focus on being the best mother you can, and be the better person.

EarthHippy

Answer by EarthHippy at 4:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I'm with mommykayti on this one. If my husband cheated on me and then later asked for something of my daughter's for his new baby with the other woman, I would laugh in his face.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• That's not petty..What he wants seems like it's special to you and that your daughter either used or is going to use and I would tell him to shove it up his ass and buy his ho a new one.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I'd tell him, "Your cheese has obviously slipped off your cracker!" NO you are not being petty. What will he expect next? For you to babysit while he and new babymamma go out for a night on the town? Tell him there is a new place in town he might not have heard of where he can buy baby items... IT'S CALLED WALMART!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 8:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I agree with Aprilmorgans comment.
    SoccerDiva09

Answer by SoccerDiva09 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I went through the same thing--only my ex didn't have the nerve to ask me for baby items-he knew better!!! A simple "no" works...good luck! I do know how hard this is for you.
    Anonymous