Dentist

does anyone know if there is a state program (missouri) that will help pay for a trip to the dentist? the dentist wants over 2,000 dollors to remove two teeth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• HUH???????? OMG THAT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Get some second and third opinons....are they baby teeth or for a teen? My daughter just had her wisdom teeth out and that cost over a thou for all four. If you get quotes of lower cost you should report that dentist - that's way way to high for any reason!!!! Have you called your county for help? A hospitals social services staff should be able to help you too.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Holy cow, I only pay $138 for an extraction - including wisdom teeth. I think you need a different dentist! (and yes, that price included being gassed, the novocaine, everything!).
    Anonymous

• I went to a clinic to have a tooth removed and it only cost me $55, then i had to have the other 3 wisdom teeth removed and it cost alot more b/c i was put under. do you live near a University? they usually have special prices.
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 4:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• op here: my son is only two so yes they are baby teeth top front.
    they are the only dentist office that takes children under 5 in the area the next closest is over 4 hours.
    Anonymous

• Check with your MEDICAL insurance. A child that young may have to be put under to have the teeth pulled and it is considered a medical issue not dental. That was what happened to my friends kid. That could be why it will be $2000. My son was about 8 and had 4 teeth pulled and it was only $400 ($50 a tooth).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Was that a typo? Was it suppose to be $200? $2000 is unheard of for 2 teeth to be removed!! Even needing to be put under... $2000 is CRAZY!! Why does he "need" his teeth removed? As for dental coverage... our state does provide dental insurance for people who have state funded medical insurance
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• op again:
    no that was not a typo they want 2,000. we have medial but not dental insurance. and he needs his two teeth removed because damage to the teeth. (our insurace is tri-care but we pay for it).
    Anonymous