Great give for baby?

My SIL is due in June, but my SO wants to get the baby something for Christmas, just to let sis know that we are excited for her. What would be good to acknowledge this occasion?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anything would be fabulous! Maybe a christening suit/dress depending on the sex of the baby and if you do that...or something cute to hang on the babie's wall in the nursery, a poem or something about being "long awaited" or "eager to meet you" sort of thing!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Something I hope to get for Christmas is some of the bigger ticket items that I know I will need but I not excited to dish out the cash for. It would take one thing off of thier must have list and ease one more head ache. If they are picky...get them a gift certificate that says something about "toward the purchase of...(a carseat, forenstence)".

If that isn't in your budget, offer to help paint the baby's room, put the crib together, clean the house (the last thing a pregnant woman wants to do). A cute idea is to put all of these things in a "coupon book" just for mom. That way she can "cash in" when she is up to the job (and the company). I hope this helps.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• A gift card to a spa so your SIL can get a prenatal massage. Although that is more for her than the baby.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• This is the gift I usually send when somebody I know has a baby: http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Twilight-Turtle-Constellation-Night/dp/B000BNQC58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1260058633&sr=8-1  It's on sale.  Last month I sent one and it was $27.  My kids have one and they're really neat.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2009