Why does my co-worker have to compare? It's makes me feel poopy :o(

He says that he taking her with him to work on stuff because she's the best and will never steer him wrong and that I'm alright... he was so diggin a bigger hole as he kept talking... lol. I hate when people compare me to others, not that I am insecure with my skillz and myself but I think that there is a time and place for it, maybe, but please don't do it infront of me.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • You can simply say ok.... and leave it at that.

Or you can ask him if he could offer you some suggestions on what you could do better.
    Anonymous

• He just doesn't think before he talks... he is always digging himself a hole with someone. I will get over it shortly just kinda hurts my feelbads at the moment.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Ok if he is simply THAT kind of fella.... then i think you should keep a salt shaker in your pocket and when he starts up hand him the shaker and ask "would you like a little salt with that shoe leather?"
    Anonymous

• He is a coworker? I had a coworker along time ago that annoyed the crud out of me. BLAH! I know how it can get under your skin. I dont think you should reply. Just stare at him with a faint smile. He will eventually learn that he isnt getting a reaction out of you.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I'm big about saying something like "oh yeah, make me feel even worse now". That lets them know what they said was hurtful and inappropriate and I tell them how I feel.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Thanks ladies for the suggestions... I am going to have to try them the next time cause I am sure this isn't the last time... I am feeling a lot better about it now :o)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2009