Restaurants - edit

This is a discussion in one of the groups today ( thats why it's in CM section) and I was just wondering your opinions on the following questions.

1. Do you clean your table after you eat dine in? ( Such as- stack your plates & cups, clear table of trash and food, pick food off floor if needed, left by your child, etc...)

2. Do you tip at restaurants that have a server? ( Working for sometimes at the least of $2.15 hr and relying on tips for main source of income.)

3. If you can not afford a tip of at least a $1 per person, do you still go out to eat?

4. Do you tip more if you spend more? ( Like if you order lobster and alcohol over chicken tenders & water with lemon ( Lemonade lol).) Do you tip more?

If your gonna say it depends on service then,

* THE SERVER IS DOING THIER JOB TO BE EXPECTED AND YOU HAVE NO COMPLANITS*

ANSWER QUESTIONS WITH THAT IN MIND

ZachsMom325

Asked by ZachsMom325 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• 1. Yes
    2. If they don't screw up I leave a very generous tip. Screw up, I mean on their part only, not from the kitchen.
    3. We are always able to afford a tip.
    4. Like I said above, we tip generous. More than the 15%
    Anonymous

• 1. Do you clean your table after you eat dine in? Yes... I pick up a bit. In a more casual restuant I might stack some of our plates, at a higher end restaurant I would put my flat ware and napkin on my plate when done but not stack the family.

2. Do you tip at restaurants that have a server? ALWAYS. 20% more if they were really good.

3. If you can not afford a tip of at least a $1, do you still go out to eat? NO.... tiping is part of the price. If you cant afford one dollare why are you eating out?????

4. Do you tip more if you spend more. No 20% unless the person is really good. We have tiped in the 40s and 50% before.
    Anonymous

• Thank you both .

I agree if you can't afford to tip than go to Mcdonalds.
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 1. No. That's why I go out to eat. I would clean up after my child if they made a mess on the floor though.

I always tip 15-20% whether we have chicken nuggets or lobster.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 1) If I am eating at a restaurant No I do not clean the table, stack the dishes. The restaurant pays some one to do that.  but if you are talking about at home, Yes I do.

2)Yes I do.

3)Yes

4)No, I tip the same for every restaurant.

Answer by louise2 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 1. Yes, stack the plates and wipe crumbs into napkin and make a neat pile. We never leave a mess.

2. Yes we always tip, if you cannot tip then stay home and cook/serve yourself.

3. We always tip at least minimum $1 per person, tips range from 20% - 50%

4. We always overtip, like I said minimum tip is 20%. Most servers are shocked when they do see our tip because we probably don't look like we tip well. DH and i usually go when he comes home from work and sometimes has greasy type clothing on. (places like IHOP, family diners). I always like to see the shock on their face when we say we don't need change back and we give them $30 for a $21 bill.

We have also taught our children that if you cannot afford to tip then you need to go to Burger King or McD's etc...
    Anonymous

• 1) When We Go Out, If We've Made A Big Mess, I Do Clean Up The Table When Were Done.
    2) Yes I'll Tip According To Service. And According To The Number Of People In Our Party.
    3) Yeah We Still Go Out If We Cant Afford Tip (Tho, May Be Persuaded To Chose McDonald's)
    4) Nope, I Tip According To The Service, And Length Of Work, Not My Bill.
    AmandaLyhn

Answer by AmandaLyhn at 8:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 1.i do everything but take the dishes to the back =) my husband laughs at me...but i'm a server so it comes natural to me.
    i hate when people dont clean up after their greasy ass kids. I can only imagine what their homes look like. And yes, i know its a servers job to clean it up...but come on!!! And some of these Aholes only leave a dollar!

2.i always tip good. usually 20% If the service is bad i still tip but not as high.. if we order appitizers or desserts then we tip more..if we like a server and they give us special attention or my son special attention we always tip more..30% I usually overtip also at the smaller places such as Ihop and crackerbarrel.
    3. I WOULD NEVER GO OUT IF I COULD NOT AFFORD TO TIP! What kind of person leaves a quarter on the table? Its not 1965 anymore!!!
    4YES
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I do stack dishes and make sure there isn't a huge mess. I tip $1 a person, more if the serve is excellent. I do NOT go out if I don't have the money to leave a tip.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• one time we actually grabbed their carpet sweeper and swept under our table when DS decided to sprinkle crackers all over.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2009