What can I do for kiccups...?

My daughter is only 1 week and 1 day old and everytime she finish drinking her mikl she gets the kiccups and I was wondering is there anything I can give her like water to stop the kiccups...is it to early to give her water...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Too early to give her water and the hiccups are bothering you a lot more than they are bothering her.
    Anonymous

• seriousley try gripe water for babies. my son had the same problem and the min I gave him the gripe water the hiccups stopped. I got mine at walgreens but I think you can get it at meijer or any other superstore. its perfectly safe for babies any age. its made for babies. its kind of expensive but it really works. it also works for colic and other tummy discomforts.
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I forgot to mention gripe water is usually found in medicine or baby isles.
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO GIVE WATER TO BABIES!!!!!!!!!! It's the stupid hiccups. They're not bothering the baby at all. Just ignore them and go on.
    Anonymous

• They will go away. My son always gets the hiccups when he eats. Normally after his first burp he starts hiccuping.
    just1boy

Answer by just1boy at 8:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My 2 week old baby also has hiccups after she has her milk for the most part but I just hold her continue burping her, and they go away. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it.
    kellyta

Answer by kellyta at 10:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Babies and children tend to hiccup a lot. It doesn't hurt them. Some say that the hiccups were designed to exercise the diaphram in utero. It's just a muscle spasm...don't worry about it.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2009