Who got married cause the sex was great but love was a 'lil lacking but you thought it'd happen??

Did love grow between you? Are you still together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ROTFLMBO....... that would have never occured to me.

I married because I was in love.... and since im posting anonymously Ill admit that the sex was not as good as the fella before, or others I had had. But he was THE one. I knew it in my heart AND mind.

It would be very very hard to keep a marraige alive on sex alone. seriously, there is more to life, rasing kids, being married than sex. And heaven forbid there was an accident or something that prevented sex.... what then you just dump him??? What about Christopher Reeves???
    Anonymous

• No but I got married bc I wanted to have sex and my mom said I couldn't unless I was married so being a good girl, I got married. The sex was awful and I left.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• who's commenting that an accident while married stops love and sex? Original post did not question that. Some people, men and women, marry believing they are loved and they are not. Not every partner is truthful, divorce proves that.
    Anonymous

• i think sex outweighed love for me in the beginning.

now it's evened out. i tell my husband that he casts love spells on me.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I'm not divorcing him because of the great sex, does that count?
    Anonymous

• I did it the other way around, loved, loved, loved my man but sex was so so. Now sex is freaking fantastic. I simply love him more now than when we wed 25+ years ago.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

Hopefully the same will happen for me and DH... I am so in love with DH and would never be with anyone else but I haven't had the big O since we met years ago. That didn't stop me from marrying him, and I'm sure it'll get better, but even if it doesn't, I'm not going anywhere :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 7:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I think sexual compatibility is an important part of marriage, but I sure as hell would never just get married over hot sex and hope the rest fell into place. Yikes!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2009