do you ever feel like...

mothering some of the girls on this site?

does it make you scared to hear some of the teenagers on this site and their view of life?

does it make you run in and hug your teen tight and pray that they stay children?

I have a 15 yr old in high school and listening to children just a couple years older than my own with babies scared the shit out of me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Yeah, I tend to mother some. It breaks my heart to think that some of these young and wonderful women have no moral support and have so much responsibility with being a mom. I am amazed at their strength and determination to be a great mom. With just a bit of guidance they will be the best moms in the world no matter their age.
    I think they rock!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I am right there with you, sister!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I agree with all of you. I truly don't know what I would do if my 16 yo dd came to me and said she was having a baby. I know she would not be able to take care of a child, one she is a child and two she can hardly take care of her self! I know I did that.
    I wish some of these girls had a bit more guidance be fore they had babies. Hopefully they will stay strong.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Yes! After being here for a while I have thought of what on earth I'd do if my 15 yr old DD told me that she was having a baby! It's highly improbable, but, even with all the talking we do around here about sex, stds, relationships, etc. sometimes I wonder if it's getting through. I have shared many stories about my teen years and the girls I knew who made bad choices. I know that I would not embrace taking care of a baby right now, but will be thrilled to help in the very far future. It takes a village to raise a child. I have to wonder if these girls were talking about things at home or what?
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 6:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2009