When can you tell your doctor you want to be induced?

I will be 38 weeks on Monday, and I am miserable!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can choose to be induced at anytime. but i'd wait as long as you can....look how far you've come! you've only got two more weeks!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 5:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• If your a c-section you can schedule it any time after the38 weeks...otherwise you get to play the waiting game like everyone else
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• You dont. You arent even over due until after 42 weeks.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 5:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• sorry you cant tell a doctor to induce you they dont believe inducing at 38 39 even 40 weeks you got to go at least 1 week over or even go to 42 before they even suggest inducing im sorry trust me my daughter came 3 days early an my son came almost 2 weeks late the n they put me in for a bio physical profile to see what was going on low amneotic fluid did it then they induced me now im pregnant with number 3 an hoping this little guy comes soon not late it sucks im due feb so well see hang in there u got 2 weeks more walk even do jumping jacks see what happen!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i told my doctor at 37 weeks, and he said we have to wait till im 2cm dialated. I already missed one date, and schduled for another but we wont know till monday. He said something about that if they try to early then it wont do anything but end up in a csesction. So take your time only 2 more weeks. Read, decorate, for may i say christmas, or your holiday and enjoy the time you have left. I have loved having an extra week with just me and my husband (waiting on our 1st). Im in the same boat but just hold strong, youll be ready when your ready. Unfortunetly (sorry my spelling sucks).
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Id say wait it out. I had the induction talk with my dr as soon as I started to see her. DH is military and I knew when he'd be home for the birth so I told her I wanted to have the baby within that time frame. She agreed but wouldnt induce just to do it. We actually waited 10 days after the due date to go in. I wanted it to be as natural as possible while still allowing Daddy to be there.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 6:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• You can tell the Dr any time, but they won't do it on a whim. First of all too early is bad for the baby, s/he needs to finish developing, the lungs can still be immature at 38w. Secondly if you try before your body is ready it won't work, you'll stress out baby and end up with a c/s. I've had a c/s and while it wasn't the worst thing in the world (and having a healthy baby was worth it) a vaginal birth is better for both baby and mom (in most cases, I know that sometimes c/s are needed). Unfortunately being uncomfortable is not grounds for an induction. I know it sucks, but it's best for baby to come when s/he is ready.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• you dont tell your doc...they tell you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I would not be induced. I had three kids and waited until they were ready! It is best to allow your baby to be born with no artifficial means of hurrying up labor. The contractions from induction with Pitocin are usually really severe and it is hard on your baby and the uterus. Pregnancy is never comfortable. It is really hard to wait, I know,but don't put your baby in jeopardy by rushing the birth.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• sorry-welcome to becoming a mommy---it's not about you anymore, but your baby. You can't tell your OB to induce-well you could try but don't expect them to do it. Just chill, it's almost over.......
    Anonymous