how did you tell your DH or SO that you were pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hubby is a big baseball fan.
    1st - was a baby glove and ball with "daddy & Me" written on the ball.
    2nd - was a batting helmet with with "Smith Team #2" written on it.
    3rd - a home base.
    Anonymous

• Well with #1 I just asked him if he wanted to be a daddy again (he was a dad to 2 kids before I met him).and with #2 I came running out of the bathroom with the home pregnancy test and yelled we're having a baby!!!

Sorry not very creative.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• "It's positive! We're gonna have a baby!"

Considering we had been trying for 6 years, I couldn't wait to come up with a creative way to announce it! :)
    Anonymous

• I bought two pairs of socks, one blue & one pink and placed them on the bed when he came home from work.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• With #1 I came out of the bathroom and said "I tested early. I know you're gonna be mad about that but it was positive!" He didn't believe me for two days lol.

With my second pregnancy I called him at work and told him he needed to come home. He said he couldnt, so I went to him and told him. I lost that pregnancy to ectopic.

This time I panicked a little becase of what happened the last time and so I texted him lol.
    Anonymous

• Went into the bedroom crying and told him that I was pregnant... he was excited because he really wanted to have a baby with me (he said from the beginning)... he left me a month later for another girl... punk ass!
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• with the first one I called him up at work and said, way to go you knocked me up! the second time I peed in a cup while he was in the shower and took the test that way. When it came up positive I ran the bathroom with the test and said holy crap babe look at this. He just smiled and said well congratulations to us
    hehehe I'm not very creative either.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I said something along the lines of, "so I took a pregnancy test today" and then I had a shit eating grin on my face because I couldn't finish the rest of the sentence.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• #1 - oh shit I think I am pregnant
    #2 - finally I am pregnant
    #3 - (5months after #2 was born) oh shit I think I am pregnant
    Anonymous

• Well, we had just broken up and my period was late, but I thought it was stress of the breakup and finals so I didn't tell anyone but my best friend. Well, a week later my ex came begging back and I realized I was still in love with him. So, the next day some how we got to talking and it came up the my period was late so he made me take a pregnancy test. I didn't want to but he said it would make him feel better if I did. Well we had 1 left over from a 2 pack we had taken a couple of months before and I took it but was confused 'cause we couldn't tell if it was a 2nd line or not. So, he was like we're going to Wal-Mart right now and buy one of those ones that say "Pregnant" or "Not pregnant" and then we came home and he went and laid on the bed while I took it. Well, after I took it I came out and said, "Good news, I'm pregnant!" Even though it wasn't planned how could I not say good news to a baby?!?! Cont.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2009