Angel tree question

I took a senior thing off the senior tree in Walmart - basically an "angel tree". I thought the request was simple enough, but then as I was looking to get the item there at Walmart I realized, it wasn't that simple. Can you guys help me out? It's for a Comedy DVD. What do you think would be a good suggestion for the DVD selection for an older woman?

I will take back the gifts with the ornament thingy later and put it in the collection box. ..I'm glad I didn't know what to get because I remember reading somewhere that Walmart will actually take some of that stuff and put it back ON THE SHELVES. If I buy the stuff elsewhere they can't do that!

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Holidays

• OP

Oh yeah, do you guys have any cute suggestions for "extras" I could include in with the main item? Thanks!
    Anonymous

• maybe a Carol Burnett or Red Skelton DVD. I could actually send you a Red Skelton if you are interested. PM if you want. It should take about 4 days to come by mail. There's a DVDswap website too.
    Depending on how "older" the woman is (I'm almost 52) I love Absolutely Fabulous by the BBC.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• "What Women Want" is hilarious. Not new, but what woman couldn't love this one.
    "Because I said So" is cute.
    "As good as it gets" is also funny and because it has Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton it may be a good match.

Some extras might be some sudoku puzzle books or crosswords. Also, magazines.
    Anonymous

• Driving Miss Daisy; Fried Green Tomatoes; The Straight Story; On Golden Pond; Ya-Ya Sisterhood; Cocoon; Grumpy Old Men
    are just some of my favorites. ;-)

I'm glad you did that. Merry Christmas.
    Anonymous

• Oh, don't forget a real classic "It's A Wonderful Life" with James Stewart. Some real warm slipper would be nice too or lap blanklet.
    Anonymous

• Her Alibi
    The Man with One Red Shoe
    Hopscotch
    Soap DVD series
    Philadelphia Story
    Sleepless in Seattle
    The Story of My Success
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (or any in the series)
    The Santa Clause

The first three are really old but they are so amazing, I swear. Her Alibi is worth watching, lol. I like the lap blanket idea, or you could just tie a potpourii sachel and hand cream around the outside.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2009