i need christmas help for my kids!

I planned on buying christmas for my kids. But somethings came up, which took all my money! (in a good way though) We moved down here and I havent been able to put them on foodstamps or medicaid yet, which means I couldnt get Toys For Happiness. Any other places have a time limit to sign up and since its already Dec the time limit is up. I keep telling myself my money is going to give my kids a place to live for christmas but i want them to have a real christmas. At least one toy each. The left over money i have on me goes towards milk and diapers so i literally dont have a dime left. Any ideas of what i can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm honestly not trying to be mean, I'm being sincere. I'd get rid of your internet and use the money for the monthly bill to buy your children as many small presents as you can with it. Hope it all works out! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• How old are your kids? CVS, other pharmacies and supermarkets too have very very inexpensive items in their toys sections. Also, call a church and leave a message on their machine identifying yourself asking for Christmas help. It is not too late to sign up in every single place. Call your county's United Way and Salvation Army too.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• OP. i dont pay for internet.. the only thing i pay for is a phone. and thats 45 a month and i need it.. the internet is my roommates
    Anonymous

• If they are small enough to be in diapers then they don't know what xmas is all about. Show them the meaning of xmas and not just the material part of it that businesses push on us. Spend quality time with them. Bake cookies. Read them books from the library. Make hand puppets or paper dolls for them. Draw pictures and put them on the wall. Xmas isn't about buying lots of crap they don't need, it's about love and being together. If you just have to have toys for them then celebrate xmas when you get money. No rules say it has to be on dec 25.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry you're dealing with this right at the holidays. I thought too the kids would have a crappy Christmas, but I was blessed with an unexpected check in the mail, so I went out to get them a few things, not a lot. The meaning of Christmas is about jesus Birthday, but kids do not want to hear that. Do you know anything about the angel tree? It may be too late for that too, but it is worth a try, good luck to you, and I hope things will get better for you.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Walgreens often runs their toys around the holidays 3 for $11.98. I have done that before when times were tough.
    Anonymous