Should a man be completly thru his divorce before commiting to someone new?

ok, the guy has a wife that legally still his wife but the divorce papers have been filed and they have been separated for over a yr

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 6:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• WoW Sounds LIke Baggage! Better Be Careful! Thats Like Rubbing Salt Into An Open Wound For The EX, Ive Seen Men Go Into New Relationships Just To Help Them Get Over It, Then When There Is An Opening IN Their EX'S Heart Again. They'll Run Right Back To Them Even After 5 Years. The Big Question Is HOW LONG WERE THEY MARRIED BEFORE Separation. Just Remember Talk Is Cheap, And Guys Will Tell You What Ever Is Believable To You, So They Can Play In Both Fields!
    AmandaLyhn

Answer by AmandaLyhn at 7:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• sorry but I'm tough on messing around with someone who's not completely free from another relattionship cuz I've been cheated on. To me it's just not proof enough of intent to be together if someone is legally or emotionally still intertwined with another person.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 6:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• If you're not just being gullible and believing a load of BS about divorce papers that have only been filed in his mind, then no. What difference does it make? Obviously the relationship is over to him and to her and has been for a while. I wouldn't want to be a rebound, so watch out for that, but meh... the papers mean nothing about the emotions he's capable of feeling.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• yes
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 6:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• If all parties involved know that the marriage is truely over and the husband is moving on, then that's his call. I personally wouldn't date someone until the divorce was final, because I would still feel as though I'm bound under marriage. I would feel as though I was being unfaithful. However, if all parties involved know of the situation and the new girlfriend is okay with dating a technically married man, then so be it. It's up to them as to when they carry out their relationship.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't , that's just me.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 6:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• yes
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• THANKSXXX FOR THE INSIGT GUYS. :) VERY INFORMATIVE
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 7:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• yes.
    Anonymous

• @AMANDALYN
    IT WAS ONE OF THOSE THINGS THEY ONLY MARRIED FOR THE MILITARY BENEFITS NOT TO MUCH FOR ANY LOVE
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 8:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2009