bearing my cross

Ok so from what I have been told to bear our cross is to die to ourselves and of course our sinful nature. How do I do this without losing who I am? Or are we all supposed to end up the same?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Your sinful nature has nothing to do with your personality. It simply means choosing Gods will over our own. For example, I enjoy meeting new people, I love to talk. That isn't going to change as I die to myself. My conversations may focus less on me and more on others, but I will still enjoy meeting people and talking. So rather than loosing those things that make us unique we become more Christlike in the way we express them.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• The Baptism of the Holy Spirit takes care of all of that for you. You invite the H.S. in and takes care of things from within. You don't lose yourself in anything.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• so yo have to do no work?
    Anonymous

• So I am still allowed to be my boisterouse fun loving self but just don't in anymore?

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• its actually a metaphor. To bare a cross is to stand up for your belief and faith in God despite the heavy pressure and weights of temptation and sin. Yes you are expected to die in a spiritual sense and be born again in spirit, but that does not change who you are it changes how you are, and how you live.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• The bible talks a lot about rest... you do it by resting in His Love, dwelling in His presence. It means to let go of the old person that you were and become the person He sees you to be. We take up the cross daily in everything we do. Sometimes we mess up, we ask for forgiveness and repent then move on knowing He already died for that on the cross.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• sugahmamma...BRAVO!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2009