What's the most horrible thing your dh has said to you?

When our kid was a newborn my dh and I got into an argument that, like always, he made much bigger than it should have been. I was stressing out and not feeling like I was doing a good job as a new mom and I was just venting. But he was an a-hole and said 'Then let's put him up for adoption!' It took so much not to punch him in the face and I still hate him for saying that. It seriously makes me wonder if he even loves and wants our kid. I don't care how mad he was and why he was, it was NOT something any parent should say. He's also told me I don't care about our kid even though he and everyone knows I care about my son more than I can show or say. I hate dh's temper. Men suck sometimes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I suffer from chronic pain in my lower back (L5/S1) from a blown disc that had paralyzed me and had to be operated on. Now I have developed osteoarthritis and lots of spurs in that area and my sciatic nerve is being pinched again. I went to an alternative pain relief doctor who tried different treatments and none of them worked. He finally said he would try the epidural pain procedure, which is usually the last resort.
    When I told my husband about it he actually asked if the pain could just be imaginary like a person losing a limb and still feeling it - kind of like my brain remembering the pain before I was operated on. I was shocked and hurt that he would say such a thing to me and I vehemently told him that the pain was quite real.
    I never spoke to him of my pain since then. I had the epidural done, it helped a lot, but now the pain is coming back so it's time for another epidural, but I won't tell my husband about it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Men sure can be *ssholes.
    Anonymous

• OP here......... amen to that!
    Anonymous

• My dh is an amazing husband and daddy. I love him more than my own self and I'd do anything for him. However, like all men, he can be an asshole too.

The worst thing he's ever said to me... 2 years ago he quit he's job to start his own business. He set up a company,but he did not get many clients for the first 2-3 months. He was upset about that and not in a very good mood, and I was besically the one bringing the money to the house and he was in charge of our daughter. (she was 2 back then).

Anyway, one afternoon, after I got home from work I asked "what's for lunch?" He said he hadn't cooked anything. So I made a face saying "oh, damn" (in a sweet way though) and he got really mad. He started yelling that I'm trying to make him feel less manly and he told me to "piss off" and he slammed the door and left.

A couple of seconds later he was back saying "sorry", "i love you" etc.

That was our worst moment.

Love my DH!
    Anonymous

• Ugh.
    Anonymous

• I can't do anything right =[[,
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 7:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Worst thing that he's ever said to me....probably that I was being a ridiculous baby about something we were arguing about(dont even remember what exactly).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• my sis asked quite alot from me to bbsit her kids ALOT while she worked, so since i was a SAHM i decided that i had no problems with it. she never paid me, she did do a little for me though such as drive me kids to places and me. She asked me one year if she could use my house to have christmas at since i normally dont use my house on christmas until i get back.

my hubby decided to freak out and yell at me about how she just uses me and never pays me for babysitting her kids so much so why should she be aloud to use our house for herself.....so either that day or the next day, i had to txt her BF to let him know the hubby wasnt gonna let her use it.

still hurts to this day.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i've confronted my hubby one night about how i hated the past when his sis was always in our business, how i became so depressed over her cause she was so controlling and he never stood up to her. (i have alot of back story to tell with that).

i wont ever forget that night when he told me "i thought everything was good back then"

thanks hubby :(
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• um, i'm usually the one to say hurtful things, i feel bad because i put hubby through a lot.

but the worst thing he ever said to me was (this was 3 weeks after we had the baby BTW) "you should really start hitting the gym more so you can get your sexy body back. it really helps me stay faithful" um WTF!!!! but this was at a point that we were about to divorce. he's done a complete 180. I told him it's not my job to keep him faithful it's his job. stupid dirty rotten bastard. ugh thinking about that comment pisses me off still.
    Anonymous